The Samsung SSD 970 EVO is the 2nd generation of Samsung’s 3bit-MLC NVMe SSDs for client PC. The Samsung 970 EVO is specially designed for tech savvies, gamers and professionals who frequently work on video creation/editing or simulation that requires high workloads. Featuring the latest Samsung 3bit-MLC V-NAND technology and a newly enhanced Phoenix controller, the 970 EVO delivers unrivaled next level performance and exceptional reliability in a small M.2 2280 form factor, offering customers the most advanced Samsung SSD technology currently available for Client PCs.
Next Level SSD Speed
In combination with the latest Samsung V-NAND technology, powerful Phoenix Controller and upgraded Intelligent TurboWrite technology, the 970 EVO delivers stunning sequential read/write performance of up to 3,500/2,500 MB/s respectively and random performance of up to 500,000/480,000 IOPS for read/write respectively. Upgraded Intelligent TurboWrite technology uses a large buffer size of up to 78GB to enable faster sequential write speeds, which improves the user experience especially when transferring large files or using application which requires high-workloads.
The 970 EVO boasts exceptional endurance with up to 1,200 TBW, which is 50 percent higher than that of the previous model, thanks to the latest Samsung V-NAND technology.* Thermal control solutions enable enhanced performance with reduced heat risk. Dynamic Thermal Guard(DTG) technology proactively prevents overheating, and a heat spreader with an integrated thin copper film dissipates heat more efficiently. A new nickel coating on the Phoenix controller also helps to shed heat faster during heavy workload use in order to ensure the high levels of quality and reliability for which Samsung is known. The 970 EVO offers more time period of 5-year warranty versus that of 960 EVO.
*All documented endurance test results are obtained in compliance ...
- Next Level SSD Speed/ Samsung V-NAND technology/ sequential read/write performance of up to 3, 500/2, 500 MB/s/ random performance of up to 500, 000/480, 000 IOPS
- Unparalleled Reliability - Exceptional endurance with up to 1, 200 TBW/ Dynamic Thermal Guard(DTG) technology/ 5-year warranty
- System Design Flexibility - Broad range of capacity options 250Gb, 500Gb, 1Tb, 2Tb/ High power efficiency and exceptional speeds/
- Advanced Data Encryption/ AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine/ Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security technology. Operating temperature 0 - 70 degree celsius
- Samsung Data Migration and Magician Software/ Easy to install and management/